"Rule learning by seven-month-old infants",
G. F. Marcus, S. Vijayan, S. Bandi Rao, P. M. Vishton,
Science, January 1, 1999, Volume 283, 77 - 80
- A series of letters by Eimas, Seidenberg & Elman, and Negishi, with a reply by Marcus, appeared in the April 16 issue of Science and is available at http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/284/5413/433f?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&author1=Eimas%2C+Peter&searchid=QID_NOT_SET&FIRSTINDEX=
- For further discussion of Seidenberg & Elman's Letter, click here.
- A commentary by McClelland & Plaut will have appeared in the May 1999 issue of Trends in Cognitive Science and is available as http://www.biomednet.com/library/abstract/TICS.tics0599_13646613_v0003i05_00001320, with a reply by Marcus at http://www.biomednet.com/library/abstract/TICS.tics0599_13646613_v0003i05_00001321
- Commentary by Altmann and Dienes, with a reply by Marcus, available as http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/284/5416/875a
- For further discussion of Negishi's Letter to Science, click here.
- Related discussion, including an exchange between Elman and Marcus, may be found at the website for Marcus's forthcoming book The Algebraic Mind (MIT Press, 2000)
- The full text of the original article
Gary F. Marcus | Psychology at NYU | New York University